If you’re stuck for a gift idea this Christmas for a particularly difficult to buy for family member or friend why not consider a gym or health club pass?
Has Uncle Bobby got a bit chubby round the tummy, or your girlfriend’s jeans bursting at the seams? Many gyms and health clubs are now offering daily or monthly passes to use their facilities, so if you’re stuck for a gift idea this Christmas why not consider one of these? A full on gym membership might not be within everybody’s gift budget – especially if there’s an ongoing monthly commitment – but with single entry passes becoming more readily available, as well as the option of a 30 day or pass, or 90 day pass; there’s something to suit everybody.
- You’ll get a great buzz without breaking the law. Serotonin (the hormone effecting mood, sleep and sexual desire) increases during exercise and levels remain elevated afterwards.
- You can get a pampering at the same time as many gyms also offer spa facilities.
- You might meet the man/woman of your dreams (not applicable for girlfriends/boyfriends).
- You could discover muscles you didn’t know you had.
- You’ll have more energy for all your other everyday tasks. As your heart rate increases, more oxygen is supplied to body tissues meaning everything (including your heart and lungs) can work more efficiently.
- You might discover you’re a world class rower/runner/climber and it lead to a new life of wealth and fame.
- You’ll live longer. Exercise increases blood circulation and keeps your heart in shape, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, as well as type 2 diabetes, depression, arthritis, and certain types of cancer.
- You’ll look a bit more like a supermodel or David Beckham (delete as appropriate).
With a range of passes available these days, there’s something to suit all pockets. A single entry gym pass is ideal for those people who have talked about joining a gym but haven’t quite taken the step. Well here’s the push they need to try it out. A 30 day pass will enable the recipient to give it a really good go, and providing they go more than once, they should see some noticeable results in terms of health – both physical and mental. And finally, a 90 day pass really does say “I love you”, either that or “you really have eaten a lot pies”. Either way, it’s a great gift idea and could actually change someone’s life for the better.